12826847

I was in a store today and had a prepaid large carrier bag

Hi I was in a store today and had a prepaid large carrier bag with me I walked around the store with a basket and my bag and started looking at what to buy, I picked up a DVD and put it in the basket but as I was walking around the store I decided to put the item in my bag (with every intention of paying for it) as I planned on getting a fair few items and for me a bag is easier to carry. As my shopping trip went on I decided that I could get most things another time and so therefore put 3 items in the basket completely forgetting about the DVD. I was served and left the shop, the buzzers went off and I was approached by the security guard. They took me to the back, took my photo, issued me with a 6 month ban from that particular store and told me to pay for the item which I did. I then left the store, my worry is they will check CCTV and think the theft was intentional as I put the DVD in my shopping bag. Will they contact the police if this is the case?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

They could do that.

It is not very likely but it is possible.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

It really is not very likely though. That is not their current practice.

they have given you a banning notice which would normally be the end of the matter.

In any event, they would have to find you again and it is not likely that time would be spent on it.