F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

My cavalier spaniel was operated on for neutering at 6

My cavalier spaniel was operated on for neutering at 6 months and they took out some baby teeth but unfortunately one broke in gum.I want to know will my petplan cover me our do I have to pay as it seems unfair as it wasn't my faught.Also what does this involve
Expert:  F E Smith replied 9 months ago.

Are you asking whether legally, pet plan have to pay for this treatment?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I want to know do I claim on petplan as they say its vets fault and now. they cant find me a dental vets in our area not happy to put Barney through another operation so soon after his neutering one

If you say that you’re not happy to put the animal through another operation so soon after the neutering one, I don’t know what kind of resolution you’re looking for.

Whoever broke the tooth has been negligent and is responsible for doing or paying for the remedial work. As you chose the vet, the contract is between you and the vet albeit that the insurance were paying the bill.

If Pet plan will not pay for this, and the vet will not pay the Bill, then you are faced with getting the work done yourself and then either suing the vet in negligence for the cost of the remedial work or making a complaint to Pet Plan and if Pet Plan will still not pay up, then making a formal complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Please rate the service positive.

The thread remains open for further exchanges.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you as we paid for neutering ourselves I will take this up with the pet practice and see if we can agree about it many thanks DPoar