How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4057
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

My daughter wants me to move to America to be close to her,

Customer Question

Hi, my daughter wants me to move to America to be close to her, I live in sheltered housing and am 65 years old, I get my pension plus credits and disability, if I moved would I lose all of this? I have no savings,
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

You would still get your pension. But you would not get pension credit or disability payments.

This is because you need to be resident in the UK to claim pension credit and disability.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry Jamie, I got your name wrong! Please accept my oppologises
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.