Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My landlord states I am in breach of my tenancy. I gave a

My landlord states I am in breach of my tenancy. I gave a months notice which ends on the 3rd October...I spoke to the agent,citizens advice and shelter UK who agree with me. However, my tenancy 12 month contract (I think it's a fixed term) ends 27th October. Will I be accountable for the rent until then?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

You do of course need to check the Tenancy Agreement for the end date, but as you have signed a 12 month Contract, you are legally bound to pay the rent up to the end date, unless there was a break clause in the Agreement, allowing you to leave early and you have given the correct notice to allow this break clause to operate. If there is no break clause, you are responsible to pay the rent up to the end date, even if you vacate the property early or have given notice that you would like to leave early.

Sorry this may not be the answer you were looking for, but it sets out th legal position.

If I have answered your question, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.

Kind Regards

Al