Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have 2 questions. First basicly what's the easiest and

I have 2 questions. First basicly what's the easiest and quickest way for a divorce process please?
Secondly I ave numerous debuts with my wife, whom I have separated from in past year. 2 of which are secured loans. We are both in debut management schemes with Payplan. However my employment income has reduced over past 3 months. If I stopped paying the debuts would it just effect the named property or my current property which I'm renting in at the moment? Alternatively can I suggest all debuts are paid of from the value of the property
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Will your wife agree to the divorce?

-What is the value of the property the debts are secured against and what is the outstanding mortgage on the property?

-What is the amount of debt you have currently?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
wife agrees to divorce. Not sure of value of house as it is in her name, although we both lived in it for 11 years.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please can you email copy of your advice
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Total debt is about £15.000. Don't know about mortgage and property is not in my name
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

How long were you married for and was the property in question the matrimonial home?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
we are still legally married just separated
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
11 yrs
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Thank you. Firstly, despite the property being in her sole name you are entitled to occupy it until divorce as well as make a claim towards it as part of a financial settlement. As the debts appear to be joint debts, the debt company can pursue you both for this. If the property is sold and the debts are registered as a charge then this can be paid off after the mortgage, and any equity remaining will be divided between you.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thankyou. Please could you email me this. [email protected]