Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Can you do anything to stop scammers praying on people,

Can you do anything to stop scammers praying on people, because there is someone who keeps asking for money all the time. I do not know if this person is genuine or not.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She said that her husband died four years ago and it had to go through a investigation of sometime and it took the four years to do this investigation. They lived in New Zealand and went travelled to and fro for his business in England. This woman keeps emailing me asking for financial help to get home to New Zealand, she says that she is a genuine person and keeps on saying she not a liar. I' m not sure weather she in bad way or not or telling the truth or not. Is there a legal way of getting her address from the place she lives, which is Barnet house on high street Barnet, London. This is the only address she gave me, do not know the unit number. Just need to find out whats going on. Truth or lying. her name that she gave me is Khoe Kanya Taylor and her diseased husband name is ***** *****. So she says. Can you please give me some advice on how to go about it. Thanks.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Is she asking for money or to actually purchase a ticket back to the uk?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She asking to send money to her through western union so she can eat and also to help her back from the UK to NZ.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Its a scam. If she has asked if you could buy the ticket and actually purchased it, that is one thing.

But asking for money by Western Union is the same as cash. This is a common scam, so you should put the email in the spam folder and block any further emails.

Its a well known scam.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I traced the number to QRL, does this help in finding this person telecommunication company in Manchester. It went to a photo of phone box with the letters qrl on it or something like that the number 00441618503970. this is meant to be her neighbours number or would they just pick a random number from a phone book.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

They can pick forwarding numbers, they can pay for this service.

These people are very professional. Its a scam and very common

Does that clarify?