Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Hii was divorced by my wife in Sept 1995 in the Bow county

Hii was divorced by my wife in Sept 1995 in the Bow county court and my ex wife is to execute a charge in my favour equal to 25%of the net proceeds of the sale of the house. That charge is to become enforceable when the children reach the age of 17 yrs or complete full time education,whichever is the latter, or on the re-marriage of my ex wife, with the leave of the court. The children are now 26 yrs old and my ex wife has never re-married. Please could you advise my process top now make my claim, many thanks.
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. As the trigger event of yoir children finishing education is now met you should write formally to her and seek she complies with the order within a reasonable time and put her on notice that if it is not complied with you will be applying to court to enforce the order. Such enforcement can be done using form D50K to your local family court together with a £155 court fee.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you