How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 9340
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

My ex threatened suicide via text I do have a solicitor and

Resolved Question:

my ex threatened suicide via text I do have a solicitor and he has been stopped seeing my daughter until we have proof he is mentally stable. he has been to a solicitor but we have heard nothing and it's been alsmost a month, would he get legal aid?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 10 months ago.

In marital and family matters, the only legal aid is available in respect of child abduction or domestic violence. As this doesn’t involve either, he is faced with either dealing with the matter himself or paying his solicitors costs.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Please rate the service positive.

The thread remains open for further exchanges.

Best wishes.

F E Smith and other Law Specialists are ready to help you