Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am an estate agent acting as the landlord for a property

Customer Question

I am an estate agent acting as the landlord for a property between myself and a tenant. I received instructions from the owner of a property to return the property back that I was managing as the appointed landlord on the tenancy agreement.
After obtaining a possession order the owner intervened, took over my tenant by entering into a new tenancy agreement with my tenant, and cancelled my possession claim as I had registered the deposit 1 month late.
My point of contention is that costs was awarded to the owner for solicitors fees who was not party to the possession claim. My understanding is that a party who was not a party to the claim cannot claim fees.
Can you point me to the Rules which confirms this and can I appeal to reclaim the fees that was awarded?
Joseph
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello Joseph my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Are you referring to issuing the claim?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My phone number is(###) ###-####7755 or 07860 403 367