Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am getting divorce and hired a solicitor. Had paid in

Customer Question

Hi I am getting divorce and hired a solicitor.
Had paid in front £2k and learned that 7 months later my documents were sent to the court with clerical error. Court resent the paper work and whole process is delayed
not happy about it,what can I DO?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure but I feel conned, regret I paid qualified solicitor instead of applying on line for Degree Nici
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Indeed. You can do several things:

1) Complain to the firm. They will have a Partner that deals with complaints. You should expect some money back from this.

2) Complain to the Legal Ombudsman. They can consider complaints after the firm has considered this. Their website is: http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/

But I agree, you are paying a high fee for a service, you should expect to have some back. You did not get what you have paid for.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was very helpful.Can I ask one more question please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am considering calling my credit card company and do cancel the money under the customer credit card rights.
Is that wise move?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Probably not - its not as if you havent had the service you have, its just a poor service.

Does that clarify?