12826847

My neighbour has security camera OVER LOOKING MY PROPERTY'.

Customer Question

my neighbour has security camera OVER LOOKING MY PROPERTY' . HE KNOWS WHO COMES AND GOES TO VISIT ME . HIS Camera is under the EAVES OF HIS HOUSE.WHAT CN I DO ABOUT THIS ????
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

is you neighbour using the cctv for home protection

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Supposed to be, but the ctv cameras at the front covers most of my drive and front garden . The 2 cameras are up under the eaves. reading the instructions of positioning a camera on line .it says they should be eye level.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Are you asking if you can remove it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No , but I don't want it overlooking the front of my house .they record all the comings and goings of whoever come or goes.I also want it to be at eye level if that is the correct height .what can I do about this ?????
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

I'm really sorry if I'm missing the point but I'm not sure on what basis?

This is private CCTV so they don't need to comply with the DPA.

They are perfectly free to keep CCTV footage if they really think they need to and there is no reason they cannot record footage of your front garden. If it had been looking in a bathroom window then that would be different!

There might be argument that it amounts to harassment if all his cameras are pointed at your property but CCTV cameras have to face somewhere and there is no reason that at least one cannot face your property.

I'm very sorry if that is bad news.