13262538

My mother died suddenly and left no written will. Can I use

Customer Question

My mother died suddenly and left no written will. Can I use an affitdavit to request medical records as she made a verbal will. And if so can this to be given to medical records or rather the ceo of the hospital
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Are you her only child?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there are four of us all together and my mum also had special guardianship over my cousins daughter which my sister has now taken over
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Why do you wish to obtain the medical records?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To assist in our complaint against the hospitals negligence resulting in my mother's death and depending on the outcome of the meeting to take legal action.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am afraid that there is no such thing as a verbal Will unless the deceased is a soldier on active service.

IF you wish to obtain the records then your or one of your siblings needs to apply for Letters of Administration and then write a formal letter requesting the Records as Administrator of the Estate

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any other way around it
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Would this be a problem?