12826847

I have just received in the post two separate speed

I have just received in the post two separate speed violations in quick succession...a 35 in a 30 and a 84 in a 70. Prior to this my licence had been clean for many years. My question is this, can I ask that both offences be heard by the same magistrates court, and can attend and ask that my licence be suspended for a period of time, in preference to my licence carrying 6 points for 3 years, I fear that in losing my previous clean licence that I might lose the determination to keep my licence clean. I appreciate that I will lose my licence for six months, and my employment, but at my age ( 62 ) I fear that I will lose my job anyway, by receiving 6 points.
Nicholas Peace
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

I'm really sorry but I'm afraid that neither is likely.

They may hear the cases together. It depends if they were in similar locations. They may well just deal with them on separate occasions as part of a single justice procedure though.

In terms of sentence, I'm afraid that you don't get to choose the sentence you prefer. You can mitigate of course. The reality though is that they are not going to ban you for contraventions of this kind. The speed is not high enough proportionate to the limit. It would be way outside of the guidelines to do so.

If you have no other active points then they would probably offer the speed awareness course for the first matter.

I'm very sorry but I can only give you truthful information.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank You Jo, I feel I was clutching at straws to pose the question of you, and I will now heed your advise and return the summons and plead guilty by post...and for the next three years drive with one eye on the road, and one eye on my speedometer. A lesson learned eh. Cheers, ***** *****