12826847

My mother went into a care home in 2010 self funding till

Customer Question

My mother went into a care home in 2010 self funding till 2012 Got assed
and paid weekly.June this year got a phone call from Lancashire county saying mum owed £12000 there is a charge on the property. They say that she has not been paying enough I have paid what they told me to.They have been ringing constantly asking for the money if this is paid mum will be left with£9000 they have said if it's not paid they will Chuck her out of the home she is 91 and has dementia and can't get up without help as she has arthritis.
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 11 months ago.

This doesn't make sense.

If they have a charge on a property belonging to your mother how has she ended up owing £12,000. Why is it not being added to the Deferred Payment Plan.

Is it top up fees?

They cannot simply throw her out they have a legal duty to accommodate her . If it is top up fees that are owed then they can move her to a cheaper home

Michael