12826847

I am trying to withdraw the money i paid for life insurance

Customer Question

Hello. I am trying to withdraw the money i paid for life insurance for myself and my ex husband. We divorced 15 yrs ago. I continued paying for sometime as i was not aware that it was life insurance. I was given any of the royal life endowments, which i thought that this was similar to. In short i need a letter witnessed by a solicitor to state that both my ex husband and i have stopped the insurance and any monies are paid only to me. My husband has provided with his driving licence and evidence of address.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

As it appears that you both agree that this money should go to you, and your ex-husband is willing to sign any documentation required, what exactly is it that the insurance company are asking for and what is the problem in letting them have that?