12826847

On 4 March 2016 I have been issued with a littering fine for

On 4 March 2016 I have been issued with a littering fine for not disposing my cigarette but properly. I paid the £75 fine in cash at a paypoint. I have only kept the payment receipt for two months and disposed of it. Now after six months I was sent a court order for non payment of the fine. I have to pay (£466). The council did not send me a warning or reminder of non payment and waited for all this time to issue the court summons. I don't remember where the paypoint was to trace my receipt.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

Do they have the correct address for you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

I suppose there is no other record of payment?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

That is a problem then.

If you didn't get the documents then you can always make a stat dec to try to get this aside.

But even if you succeeded at that you would still have to show that you did make payment.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

If you cant' show a payment receipt then that could be a problem.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My argument is: 1, I didn't receive a warning of non payment and 2, why did they wait for 6 months before issuing court summons when people are likely to have disposed of the receipts
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do I have a chance in convincing the court?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just found out that the case is agains Mr Basel Tuma. My name is***** Does this make a difference?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

Not really. There is no doubt that it is you. There is case law on what makes these things defective and it literally has to be such that you cannot understand it is for you.