The local authority refuses to provide a child any education

Customer Question

the local authority refuses to provide a child any education while the child is in their care under S31. Who is to blame and who do you report the LA to?
Expert:  Clare replied 27 days ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but i need some further information first

How old is the child and when was the last LAC review?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
He is now 18, DoB 27/5/1998
Last education was April/May 2015 sitting exams. No revision material, no homework ever.
He has insufficient qualifications to progress to College
January 11th 2016, at Court, the LA stated that an agreement had been reached between all parties to provide private tutoring, we are still waiting and the LA is not answering our calls or e-mails. We had provided the details of FLEET TUTORS to the LA at court.
An external review of our complaints agreed that HE was not provided with even 12 hours of education a week. There were 35 complaints.LAC review January 2015, we have NOT received a copy of this yet. We are use to receiving copies after the following review, i.e. over 6 months.No EHC yet but this was promised for June 2015 and then Jan 2016.SEN stated that he needed 25% extra time. LA never applied. Chichester College obtained an independent assessment and the extra time within 3 days.As parents we have complained about the lack of education, this was supported by the independent review BUT denied for years by The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
This is a child that suffers from Atypical Autism, not diagnosed until court and Klinefelters Syndrome. Very shy, lost all his friends and while in care was unable to keep in contact with then friends. Result he is very isolated. ***** ***** is in charge of Education and Children's Services at RBWM, her deputy, Children's Services is Debbie Verity. Neither of which has responded to us for nearly 2 years.
Expert:  Clare replied 27 days ago.

Were you not invited to the LAC review?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
We were invited, and attended the LAC Review at the beginning of 2015. There has been no further meetings and no EHP. Current paperwork is in the thousands, at least 4 feet. We were supplied with 385 pages submitted to court, at 17.00. without ANY WARNING stating that we had to be in court the next day.
Expert:  Clare replied 26 days ago.

But what about the last LAC review - they should take place every six months?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Q1. Is the LA breaking the law by deliberately providing less than 12 hours a week education?Q2 Who do I make the complaint to, RBWM refuses to even talk to either the Child or Parents?That is the original 2 questions for which I cannot see an answer.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Our son has been without any education since before his 17th Birthday and does not even have the minimum 2 good GCSEs in Maths and English.