Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

I am currently in the process of getting divorced. As

I am currently in the process of getting divorced. As leverage against me, my wife is threatening to have nationwide prosecute me for fraud as I moved money from an online account in her name. I can prove I paid equal money into the account and can demonstrate she knew I had access to it, however she is saying as she didn't move the money or give express permission for me to do so it was fraudulently taken. The money was used to cover the gap between incomings and outgoing so including our son's nursery fees.
If I don't agree to the divorce settlement she wants she is planning on trying to get me prosecuted and because I work in the financial services suggesting I will lose my job. If I don't agree to the divorce settlement then what are the likely outcomes on the fraud prosecutions?
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.

If she knew you were doing it and you gave value for the money it cannot be fraud, there is no gain.

The police will not be interested in this but will tell her to sue you in the civil courts if she thinks she has a claim.

Best regards

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about if she only knew about the withdrawal of part of the funds? And also could she try and prosecute for theft instead of fraud then? Ultimately the house will see and so she will get her share of the money back.