12826847

A year ago I took my car to a local garage who sub'd the

Customer Question

A year ago I took my car to a local garage who sub'd the work out to a specialist garage in Brighton. Today the car has broken down for the exact same reason, a failed drive belt on the fuel pump. These should normally last 30k-60k miles and we've done about 10-15k. We have broken down whilst away on holiday in the West Country. The vehicle is with a local garage to fix, cost to be determined. Given the short time since the previous repair what are my options for claiming something back from the original garage? It is not practical to transport the vehicle back to the original garage for them to repair it. Can I get them to reimburse the impeding invoice? If so what proofs do I need to avoid them claiming they could redo the work which is impractical given our current location.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Did the original part have a warranty or has this garage Said it has been installed wrong?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't want to do this by phone

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i don't know if the part still is in warranty but since this was about a year ago it must have had. Won't know until the garage has doen the repair on monday

ok. Let me know Monday