31090051

Our insurance companies obliged to tell you if someone who

Customer Question

Our insurance companies obliged to tell you if someone who is deceased has an insurance policy with them if the insurance policy paper work can not be found and is there any that a check be made to see if there was a policy, also would the insurance pay out if there was a policy but no paper work?
Expert:  JGM replied 11 months ago.

The usual procedure is that the deceased's executor or other representative writes to the insurance company giving as much information as possible about the deceased, name, past addresses, date of birth, national insurance number and asks the insurance company to check their records. If they do have a record of a policy but you don't have it, then a lost policy declaration form is usually completed and the insurance company will, on receipt of that declaration, process the claim. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.