12826847

What happens if a parcel containing drugs gets caught (in

What happens if a parcel containing drugs gets caught (in the UK) and has my name and address on it ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Can you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm asking about a hypothetical situation where someone ordered drugs (by post) to my address and the parcel gets intercepted at the UK borders. What is the law regarding cases like that ? Based only on that, will I be facing any consequences ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

It depends if they find any evidence that you ordered it.

If you did then there are offences in that.

Obviously there is an inference in the fact that it was ordered for your address but that doesn't identify the orderer necessarily.

In principle though, if a package that is unlawful is intercepted then they could bring a prosecution for importation.