29905560

Ben,, I haven't spoken to you for a while, but I would like

Hello Ben, this is Olga, I haven't spoken to you for a while, but I would like to ask you another question.My solicitor (litigator) has sent the documents to court to issue a claim three weeks ago. To remind you three years after my accident is 18th October 2016. Has the claim been made in time? And, is the date taken as when the documents are received by the court, or when issued by the court? Thank you, Olga
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi Olga, if the solicitor has actually submitted the claim form to the courts then the claim would have been made in time. The relevant time i when a formal claim is issued with the court, so when the court receives your claim form. They will then take the necessary steps to send the documents to the other side and this will take several days after the claim was issued but that time is not relevant - all that matters is when the claim was formally submitted to the court and if this was done 3 weeks ago then it would still be in time.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your answer. Can I ask you another couple of questions. Should I get copies of the documents that were submitted to court - with the stamp from the court that they were issued? And, what other steps would I be involved in to do with serving papers or with the court? Do I need to be involved with the negotiation or discussion with the other party? How long is the time period to serve papers on the other party?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you kindly answer these few questions and then I will give you a rating?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

is the solicitor you have engaged not dealing with all of this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ben, I just put in a request to speak to you by phone. Can you please ring me? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you available to carry on with the online requests? Olga
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Sorry i am not available to speak at present as I am not online for much longer this evening. I was wondering if the lawyer who submitted the claim is not arranging these issues for you, such as sending you a copy f the claim and serving documents on the other side?