13262538

How do I have to keep my ex partners stuff stored in my

How long do I have to keep my ex partners stuff stored in my parents rented garage which they need back to keep the car in during winter. I have given her several chances to pick it up in the last 2 months and it is still there. What do I have to do legally.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What agreement was made when you separated regarding storage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No formal agreement was made just a favour which has now come to an end
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

In that case you should write her a formal letter giving him a date (say 28 days ahead) after which you will sell or dispose of the items and let her have the proceeds less any expenses

keep a record of what is sold and what the costs of disposal are and forward any balance promptly

Please ask if you need further details