12826847

I'm a home based BDM. I live in Sussex and my head office is

Customer Question

Hi. I'm a home based BDM. I live in Sussex and my head office is over*****away in Sunderland.
Today I've received notification that ml the whole team has been called into a last minute meeting on Monday at midday. This means I will have to leave at 5am.
I am having difficulty with childcare, I am unable to find anyone who can look after my children and drop them off to school as my wife is away.
I'm still in my probation period and have just been told that if I don't make it on Monday I should be very worried. The head of HR is telling me to speak to my Manager but my manager is not responding to emails or phone calls.
I'm concerned I will lose my job if I don't attend. Can my company force me to do this 14hr return journey at such short notice?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. What does your contract say about this?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - What does your contract say about this?