Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I would like to know how can i get my money back from a

Customer Question

i would like to know how can i get my money back from a proofreading company. they didn't provide the service they promised.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the company is : oxbridge proofreading
i gave them 5000 pounds to proofread my phd thesis
they havent submitted on time + and they havent done the work they should do.
the result, i havent passed i was asked to resubmit the whole thesisnow i have no money and i havewnt got the service i wanted. therefore,i need all my money back
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that was in aug-2015
i have all the emails that shows thier delays and lack of seriousness
they even promised to check the plagiarism, and they told me they didnt do it at all. they wont do it unless i give them more money.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can i write the letter and send it to you, to give me your opinion in it
i need a help in writing a good letter to claim my money.

I cant write the letter sadly as this is a question and answer site, but I can proof read your letter.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks a lot
I have written the letter already.
I want you to see if it needs any improvement.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
this is the letter :
During the last year, I communicated with the some organizations and people to get the right legal advice concerning the poor service I received from you.
I communicated with the legal advice department in King’s College, and the legal department in my Embassy and some lawyers. I was told that my case is surely a winning case and I have all the right to claim my money back, and claim more based on other damages that are consequences of your service or (lack of service). I have all the receipts and emails in a documentI thought I should take this step of informing you and get my money back peacefully, before escalating things to the court.
The lawyers I contacted believed that it is a winning case Based on :1- The company has previous complains from their clients, therefore, the credibility and the service quality of the company is not high.
2- The delays, which cause a major harm of not submitting the thesis on time.
3- Poor level of proofreading that contradicts with your promises. ( one of the comments I receive from the examiners is asking for the thesis to be proofread as it has mistakes and many typos.
4- Refusing to give the service I have paid for ( such as the plagiarism check)
5- The financial and emotional damages that are a result of the service they provided. I have not passed the viva because of the level of work I provided them, which was supposed to be looked at and proofread by experts.
6- The offer of providing an illegal service, which is an indirect suggestion to plagiarize, through writing for the students the work the students should do themselves. The phone call is recorded.Therefore, I claim all my money back, which is a total of : £ 4546The amount I want to have back is not negotiable. Any refusal or delays in responding will push me to take the claim to the next level.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
should i put my account number in the same letter? then give them 14 days to deposit it in my account ?
or is it better to give them my paypal account ?thanks

I would be clearer, instead of claim to next level - I would say instead that you will issue proceedings in the County Court which will include additional costs and interest.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks for your answer.
can you tell me how to do that ?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Any refusal or delays in responding will push me to take the claim to the next level.

Put: If you refuse I will issue proceedings in the County Court which will include additional costs and interest.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i will add this
thanks a lot for your
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!