29905560

Ben, I have a few more questions for you. My solicitor told

Hello Ben, I have a few more questions for you. My solicitor told me today that she had submitted documents to the court and had received them back with the court stamp. She said the next stage was to serve the papers on the other party. My question is if she did this straight away can the other party negotiate a settlement "out of court" before the third year anniversary of the date of the accident 18th October 2016? Or, do they have more time to negotiate a settlement?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 months ago.

Hi there, a settlement can be negotiated at any time - be it before the 3 year anniversary or after it. Only you and the other side can agree on such a settlement so it is up to you whether you reach one. Neither party can be forced to negotiate or agree to a settlement so the agreement of both parties will be needed. Once the claim is submitted a settlement can be negotiated at any time during the claims process, even in the middle of the final court hearing, so there is no time limit as to when that can happen

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 months ago.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.