propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

My neighbour has a right of way through my driveway to

My neighbour has a right of way through my driveway to enable him to access his property (no.7). He now intends to seperate his land (which currently has a double garage on it) and build a new 2/3 bedroom property (no.7a). The new property will also need to use my driveway for access. Will the current easement for right of way held by no.7 automatically be transferred to the new property no.7a.
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for your question.

7a will acquire the benefit of the easement.

Any questions or queries?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your reply. That is what I thought. Completely wrong in my opinion as it would be a new build which faces onto the road and could have it's own access. Would it still be the same if he sold the land with planning permission as opposed to building himself?

Yes it would.

Do you have any further questions or queries?

Happy to assist further.

Please can I kindly request that you accept /positive rate my reply otherwise the website will not pay me. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your help.