Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have just received a notice of vist from a bailiff I have

Customer Question

I have just received a notice of vist from a bailiff I have a ccj I was not aware of the case how can I ask for time to pay or explain to the court
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the balifs 48 hours ends today I don't have the money to pay, I agree I owe them for their services but They will not give me a acceptable break down of the bill
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Did you not get any court documents?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to but I don't have the money to pay more I just paid £47 to get an answer to my problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't even have any details of the case as I wasn't in the country when the case went to court,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the bailiff notice theres not a ref on it , I'm also worried because I'm staying at my sisters I had to move out of my address when my ex partner had me convicted wrongfully, I was acquitted at the crown you
rt
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry court, allbthis meant I was unable to work for two years I'm only just starting to and I'm now paying almost £80 a week to see my son
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

ok. You need to ask the bailiff for the court details.

Once you know that you can call the court. If you have a defence to the claim you must apply to set aside asap.

You need to do this using form n244

https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/n244-eng.pdf

The court will list it for hearing and that should be enough to stop bailiffs.

However if you don't have a defence to the claim all you can do is come to an arrangement to pay.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you, ***** ***** be possible to send to the court today?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I have any problems am I able to come back to you or will I have to start again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also is there a form in regards ***** ***** arrangement to pay
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

The court may be closed today. It may have to be Monday.

There is no form for arrangement to pay, you just do a deal with the bailiff.

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your help today, If I have any problems am I able to come back to you or will I have to start again?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Come back is fine. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent off the H224 to County Court waiting for their reply also spoken to Balif company
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

All the best.