propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

Neighbour problems

Neighbour problems
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

What is the problem?

I need further details before I can assist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neighbour has taken down several panek
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neighbour has taken down several panels of our fencing because he is having building work supposed to last 3 months. We are now in to six months and will not replace making all sorts of excuses. It has taken away our privacy. Have had afox
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Getting in the house, noise, dirt, parking problems. What can we do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Their garden back and front is just a tip they have propped up an old door on our property at the front to cover a gap between the houses and will not remove it. Cannot understand what is going on.

Did you agree to the panels being removed?

Is it your fence or shared?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No we did not agree. It is his fence.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has piled all his rubbish behind it including a pile of concrete slabs

Unfortunately, in law, there are no obligations to fence a boundary UNLESS specifically stated in the title deeds. I would say that specific obligations in deeds relating to fencing are uncommon. Do check the deeds though, just in case.

This means, that unless there is a fencing obligation in the deeds, there is very little you can do legally if your neighbour does not reinstate the fence.

Your only option is to erect a fence on your side of the boundary.

I am sorry if this is not considered helpful but it is the legal position in your situation.

Any questions or queries?

Please can I kindly request that you accept / positive rate my reply otherwise the website will not pay me for assisting you.