12826847

I have been recently contacted by a company who cold called

Customer Question

I have been recently contacted by a company who cold called me out of the blue on my mobile, the initial sales person stated that they could improve my websites search and get my website onto the front page of google for a fee, at this time because they were talking so much with regards ***** ***** I thought I was talking to a google sales rep.
I agreed to talk to someone in the contracts department to get a quote to improve my websites and google search online, at this time I still was under the impression I was speaking to someone from google. When transferred I was given a reasonable quote, and a discount when I questioned the price, which was obviously intended to keep me. I thought I'd agreed to the quote and they said they would send me the terms and conditions via email along with the terms of business, and said the phone call was a binding contract. On hanging up I questioned have I been scammed? I was unable to call them back as they withheld there number and no other contact details were provided.
When I got home I had indeed received an email with an invoice and the terms & conditions which none were discussed on the phone call and the terms of business were also not as discussed in the phone call from the company which I now know is "Online Content management Services"
Since the call I have received weekly emails and letters stating that my invoice is overdue and in the last email and letter this week now threatening to pass my details onto a specialist dept collection agency. county court judgements and court bailiffs.
My question is; Can a company enforce the above if they have changed the terms of business to those discussed on the phone to those in the letter saying they will only promote my google page which is actually free, they provided me with no written terms and conditions or withdrawal clauses.
John Wheeler
07811 082990
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

How much is the debt? I assume you felt they misled you?