Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I want guidance please on complaining about the letting

Customer Question

I want guidance please on complaining about the letting agent Iuse [by default].He managed 3x s.c. flats in the same house.Flat 1moved out after 18 mths.[work related].He was unable to find anyone in a number of weeks. Another Agent succeeded in 8-10 working days[even after asking more money]. In May I was concerned about "falling crockery in the yard below Up to date this has been reported 4 times by me/another tenant /my builder. The Agent was also alerted to water from upstairs.This was reported by new agent and of course the tenant. I have a folder of 40 + e/mails up until this morning of latest complaint. Last week [going into 3rd week]they investigated] after many excuses. I said his job is to liase between me and the house hold he represents, not just take monthly fees. Everyone else is to blame for NOT gaining access. Perhaps his attitude has changed because he lost flat 1.By choice I had no keys to prevent any allegations. He had 'phone numbers /keys /emails but did not do anything about the water for 21 days or so. I went to flat 1 to take 'photos to relay to my Insurers. The wall is stained. The damp is close to a wall switch and the builder with me said fire and elctro. injuries are a risk.The damp has caused fungi to grow showing the delay in his investigations. I told him this morning he was evasive ,slow and neglectful. He has not shown duty of care in my opinion and has been negligent. I have been told I send too many e/mails and they are confused and irrelevant. In this case feel that they build the evidence.The agent is Robert Norton of Goodchilds Hanley S.O.T. Thank you Mr. L.D.Troth.
]
= week they went to investigate
]
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE AGENT IS FRANCHISED. DOES THIS MAKE MY COMPLAINT EASIER?OR NOT? ALSO, HE HAS SOME POOR REVIEWS ON ASSORTED SITES.THERE ARE SOME GOOD ONES BUT ARE THEY REAL? L.TROTH. THANKS.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please Mr Troth?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an answ.machine please give me time to get to it. Will it be today?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to know now because of updates on lap top to start soon I can delay if you are due yo call.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

What is your number and I can call?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
0121(###) ###-####
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You have no contract with the agent. Therefore you are not bound by any written agreement between the agent and builder.

Therefore you can write to the agent and say that they are in breach of contract by failing to act with all reasonable skill and care. I would give 28 days notice.

Unless you have signed a contract then its not binding and you can end it, but to be fair give 28 days notice.

If you have a written contract then you should see what it says about termination. But in any event if there is a written agreement then you can still write and say he is in breach and that it is significant and you want to end it.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your prompt and efficient action. I feel there will be no need to continue past the first payment. I therefore wish to unsubscribe from further help/ payments. Please confirm the end of my subscription and the due date for termination. Thank you again,.....L.D.TROTH.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You dont need to let me know, if you can just email customer services?***@******.***