12826847

I believe I have got myself and someone else in serious

Customer Question

I believe I have got myself and someone else in serious legal trouble by being honest.
Like a fool I asked a watch seller in the US to put a lower value on the customs declaration. He put that the watch was for 'repair under warranty- no charge.' I knew that when the watch arrived it would no doubt be 'held' in customs and further information would be required that I wouldn't have.
I got myself so worried that rather than waiting I emailed***@******.*** and said what I had done and sent attached the documents I had showing the true value. I asked if they could show leniency towards the US seller but I was happy to pay all the fines and take full responsibility.
I now realise that this was naive and I have admitted to us both committing a serious crime. US penalties are huge. Prison sentence and $10000 fine. I cannot live with this guilt. I have not eaten or slept for 2 days now and I feel i am on the brink of a mental collapse. This sounds melodramatic but it is true.
My question really is, is there any chance of not both being prosecuted?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The value of the watch $4200
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Have you had a reply from UPS?