Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We have received a claim from our pre-school they want us to

Hi, we have received a claim from our pre-school they want us to pay all the term because we have to quit our daughter, but we have consulted with Early Years Fundation because our place was a funding council one so they say to us that they can't ask to us for pay any deposit our any money only 4 weeks in any case. We need to know what is next and if we need legal advice to defend the claim.Thank you
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Did you sign any contract? If so, what did it say about Termination?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I attached the contract we have where it says there that we should give a full term notice or pay the full term.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Based on what we find out the council says that you can´t ask for anything, not even a deposit (we have a £460), apart form 4 weeks notice. We offer them the full deposit but they didn't agree and want the full term fees (£1000 more or less)
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

did you sign at a distance or on site?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well we print it at home and went there and delivered it signed in person and then they mailed us the copy.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Well you could only argue because it was emailed to you then it was concluded at a distance. If that is the case then you are entitled to a two week cooling off period.

If they did not give you this then you are entitled to end the contract and get any money paid back.

But that is your only,option. You can argue this under

The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (the regulations) come into force on 13 June 2014.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks! One little thing, when I said mailed I meant post, but I think its the same based on what you said. So you don´t think that the fact that its against the council policies will matter at all?