Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We are a small company in business of hospitality and car

We are a small company in business of hospitality and car hire. an event organisor has sued us for £ 9000 and we dispute the entire claim as it is frivilous. Can we file for counter claim to recover the advance paid by us of £ 300 and interest thereon about £ 60 plus cost for harrassment and wastage of our time ( about £ 400 ) ? What court fees shall we have to pay to lodge our counter claim?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How do you work out the £400 please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is just an estimate of our charges as we had mentioned to the other side solicitors that our cost will be 100 per hour which will be charged to them if they continue with this harassment to us.

In reality you can't claim that. You can issue a counter claim for the rest. If you wan to see interest and £300 then that is ok.

The court fee for counter claim is £35 if via money claim online

You cant charge £100 per hour because this is a small claim (£10,000 or below). Legal fees cant be recovered as such.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok. Thanks. My question is solved.

Great. All the best.