31090051

Scots' Law Personal Injury What is the difference between

Scots' Law
Personal InjuryWhat is the difference between the Sherrif Court and the All Edinburgh PI court?I am raising a initial writ and stay near Edinburgh. Writ is for over 5k. Should I use form PI1 or G1 for a certain court?Please advise which form applies and which court, thanks.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

The all Scotland personal injury court gives you the option of applying for a jury trial. That is the main difference. If your case isn't serious enough for a jury trial you should just raise it in your local sheriff court using the general forms. I would caveat that by saying that in either situation you would be unwise to raise a personal injury action without a solicitor if you are not experienced in civil litigation. You will not win unless you are acquainted with the practices and procedures involved. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks. just to check, will there be a sheriff court for Edinburgh then? As well as the all Scotland one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the advice seems to be we should have a solicitor. We are just starting. And start with hope they may reach a compromise firstly before court. But we need to know what we would do in medium term and have as a basis a real writ in mind.