My partner of 20yrs left our house to be with her boyfriend

Customer Question

My partner of 20yrs left our house to be with her boyfriend (her solicitor stated she had vacated the property). Before we could settle the property she and her boyfriend broke in and changed the locks and occupied the property. On my return from work I called the police but they told me to leave and go and live with my mother and if I went back they would arrest me for breach of the police. My brother who went to the station to mediate and explain was also threatened with arrest for breach of the peace if he went to the property. I have been unable to return to my house since then nearly four months ago. We complained to police who said they had to remove one of us and that one was me.
Expert:  Clare replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What do you wish to know about your position?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
ummmm unhappy with police response and that I was evicted by them and I want my house back
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
don't want a call
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hello anyone there?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Do I need to do anything as I haven't had a response - somewhat disconcerting!
Expert:  Clare replied 19 days ago.

Please ignore the site popups - they are outside of my control unfortunately

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

Are there any hcildren involved?

What steps have you taken to deal with the house issue?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Well I have a valuation of 80,000 I have treid to settle it with a solicitor but she has reneged on a deal then she broke in. but this is not about that its about the police
Expert:  Clare replied 19 days ago.

You have already complained to the Senior Station Officer in writing?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I made an official complaint via the PCC we were invited to the station and spoke to a rather PC and we compained in writing about that we were then invited to the station to speak with the Sgt who said someone had to leave and that someone was you. We said we weren't happy but he said he would write is report to that effect we have heard nothing since then over one month ago
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
rather rude PC
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
This isn't working is it. The time for reply is too long and when it arrives it requires a response which also takes an age. I hope I wont be charged for this as it is a little cumbersome for a decent result
Expert:  Clare replied 19 days ago.

This is all covered by the one payment - it does take time to elicit all the information

From what you said what you wish to know about is not how to sort the house out, but what next to do in your complaint to the police.

Expert:  Clare replied 19 days ago.

You have already gone through the "local resolution" option although you have not yet received the Report.

Your next stage is to appeal to the IPC and ask them to consider both what happened AND the way that your complaint was investigated

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No thank you I d like to stop the process it is not for me thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 19 days ago.

If you have not already done so you can find the details here

Realistically however you have come face to face with the approach the police take to such Civil matters - the easiest way out and let them deal with it in the Civil Courts.