13262538

My mother left me and my sister 43,000pnd each,my sister was

Customer Question

My mother left me and my sister 43,000pnd each,my sister was made in charge of money by probate,my share was too be kept in trust for me to have it 5yrs after my mother's death as long as I was drug free,I was due to have it in 3wks time ,I was worried a couple of yrs ago she'd spend it so l got a solicitor to contact her solicitor and I was told she couldn't touch it,she phoned me today after blanking me for years and told me she has spent it all saying she will pay back 100pnd a wk
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Am I able to get any compensation
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What's the best thing to do I can't afford to pay solicters fees
Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Does your sister own a house?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No she is skint apart from her job she says is 360pnd per week
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.

Are you sure that she is telling the truth at this stage?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do believe she has spent all the money what do I do?can I get compensation from court ,what will happen to her
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need advice
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Where's my answer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is this site a con
Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.

What your sister has done is a Criminal Offence and can be reported to the Police as such.

It is possible that if she has not actually spent the money the threat of a Police investigation will be enough to get her to give you the money - which may well be being held by

the solicitor who dealt with the Estate.

If she has spent it then you can sue her for the return of the money - although the offer that she has already made of £100 a week may well be the best available one anyway

Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.

IN addition you MAY have a potential claim against the solicitor who dealt with the Estate if he or she did not ensure that the money was safely invested.

Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.

Such a claim is not a certainty - but it is a real possibility.

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will it cost me any money to sue the solicter,ty u are helping me
Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.

You will have to have gone through the Police route before there is any chance of such a claim

You will also have to have sued your sister

At that point you may find a firm willing to to look at a no win no fee deal

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Plus my sister and solicter are in Newcastle upon tyne,northeast of England and I live in Wales,do l get myself a solicter,do l go to police down here ,but if I go to police she won't pay me 100pnd a week.she's getting peppers drawn up saying she's going to pay me 100pnd a week for 8yrs.I've still lost out having the money in bits
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do u think the firm would pay me to keep it out of court and if I say to my sister if she keeps paying me it will look better for her in court?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm not looking to gain anything extra I just want 43000 like I should of been getting in 2weeks time,I had plans its all gone
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The solicter checked with bank,when I worried and contacted solicitor in 2014 and she told me it was safe I now know the account was already cleared out and closed
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They should both pay for what they've done
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Plus I got no idea or way of finding out where my sister lives
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
39;
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Solicter told me today it was 96000 in my sister's account and its all gone,she only got what she earns a wk and her job is escort high class prosy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My job is sandwich artist for subway on 7.20 a hour
Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.

Which solicitor told you that?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My sister's solicitor
Expert:  Clare replied 7 months ago.

Ok

Have they confirmed that they have seen the account statement?