Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My mobile number has been given out in error by a 3rd party

my mobile number has been given out in error by a 3rd party delivery company (Yodel) to the customers of at least two companies stating that my number is ***** number of their delivery driver! As such I have been called and texted all weekend and today. Despite contacting Yodel and the companies whose goods are being delivered the calls continue.
What legal action can be taken against Yodel concerning this, I have spent most of today (I work) trying to get this sorted.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What loss have you suffered as a result?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Time spent taking calls and texts over the weekend and today, time on the phone to Yodel (delivery company) and Virgin Media and Miss Guided (the companies that Yodel are working for) to get to the bottom of the problem and try and get it stopped. I suspect 2 hours on the phone to the companies and answering 30-40 calls and texts to the customers.

Generally you would have no claim, but I will outline the process if you want to bring a claim.

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.