Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Last year I bought a flat unseen at auction. The "flat"

Customer Question

Last year I bought a flat unseen at auction. The "flat" turned out to be no more than an uninhabitable cellar. When I protested the vendor bought it back from me although at a lower price than I had paid. I also incurred considerable legal fees. My question is Can I now 1. sue the vendor for the money which I have lost and 2. Can I go to court to reverse the contract.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Sadly not. The motto is always buyer beware.

Hopefully you have seen TV 'Homes Under the Hammer' - they always say inspect the property and read the legal pack.

You should never buy blind as you never know what you are getting.
As such you have no right to reverse the contract and in law there is no claim against the seller.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.