Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I stupidly stole money from work via the credit cards about

I stupidly stole money from work via the credit cards about 2.5k over 2 months, and before paying back was found out, i have spoken to the MD and we have agreed no further action if paid back, and this has now been done via online banking so is all documented. problem is i only just remebered that we upgraded our mobile phones at work a few months ago, i ordered these they came but was the wrong size memory, i tried to get these updated but i could not, fearful of getting the sack i dont know why i just ordered 5 more of the correct size phones and disposed of the other 5. If they find out about this later that is just negligence or classed as a criminal act also?
Also my P45 date is the 1st of sep. but my last day due to obvious gross misconduct was the 20th
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long ago did this occur?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Ben,The actual theft occurred july/aug.the date everything came to light was 20th September. and everything as far as i am aware was paid off on the 1st of this month

Hi there. Thank you for your response; please leave it with me. I am in court today so will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
okay thanks i appreciate that.I Will just right some more info for you here to get the full picture.Wed 21st september i sat down and spoke to the MD at night about the incident and we agreed not to take further but he said he has spoken to the police and if i get in trouble in the future they can contact him to i think be a witness that i did something before basically.My main concerns are he is hot headed so can change his mind anytime but the fact the money was paid back and is documented in emails if he gets annoyed in the future can he change his mind and as in the above question about the mobiles.have a good day speak soonall the best

No problem at all and thank you for the additional information. I will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. Many thanks

Hi sorry just to clarify - are you asking about the criminal side of things?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry yes the criminal side so where i stand going forward having paid money back and if worse comes what sort of sentencing etc

ok thanks wil have to refer this to a colleague as I deal mainly with employment issues, no need to reply in the meantime as it will just revert the question back to me thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
AfternoonWill the conversation continue here or via email etcThanks

it will be on here, but she may be in court today hence why she may not have been able to reply just yet

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No worries Ben thanks
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What would you like to know about this today please?

Do you have any previous? What have you been charged with?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello,I have no previous, and haven't been charged with anything. We spoke 2 weeks ago and agreed no further involvement if paid back, i have paid most back 2.5k about 900 outstanding because another transaction came to light that I didn't think about. I would like to know if they change there mind and want the police involved what grounds do I stand on having breached trust, about 3.5k over 2 month period

Are the Police involved?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not currently but because of this other amount i forgot about he's threatening to involve police again. Want I want to do is go to the police myself and get it all over with and not be threatened and live in fear of the door knocking.

Well it would go to Court given there are these 2 counts.

If it was £2500 the starting point is 18 weeks custody. The range is a high level community order to being sent to the Crown Court. That range is £2000 to £20,000.

Given what you have said, if you plead guilty you would be subject to a Community Order. This is Probation so would probably have to do unpaid work etc.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks.I forgot to mention the police are aware as he has spoken to them 2 weeks ago but said wasn't pressing charges at that time. But If i want to go to the police myself to get it over with as he changes mind often can i do this and what is involved/best way of going about it

I really wouldnt go yourself - you will be prosecuted.
Pay it back, keep your head down and hope for the best.

You dont want a criminal conviction. It would be in the papers etc.

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor