12826847

I ASKED AN AUCTION COMPANY TO LOOK AT ITEMS READY FOR

Customer Question

I ASKED AN AUCTION COMPANY TO LOOK AT ITEMS READY FOR AUCTION. I THOUGHT IT OVER AND ASKED FOR SOME ITEMS TO BE RETURNED TO ME AS THEY WERE OF SENTIMENTAL VALUE. THE AUCTION WAS GOING TO BE 26TH October BUT THE AUCTION TOOK PLACE ON 24TH SEPTEMBER WITHOUT PRIOR KNOWLEDGE. I WAS TOLD THAT I COULD CHANGE MY MIND ON ITEMS BUT A SHOCK CAME TODAY TO SAY THAT THE ACUTIONEER DID NOT TELL THE OFFICE STAFF AND THEY WENT TO AUCTION. I AM GUTTED AND SO UPSET. MY MOTHERS RING AND WATCH WERE SOLD SHE PASSED AWAY BUT I AM SO UPSET WITH MY SELF
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

For now please let me know what is it you want to achieve?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can you tell me is this acceptable for an auction to sell what they have been told to hold on to awaiting collection by me
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
if nothing can be achieved then I must accept the stupidity of my actions if something can be done I would like to sign up but a response would be appreciated so that I can understand what needs to be done. What is an unclaimed offer>

Did they confirm in writing they would not, or did you say in writing not to sell?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I welcomed the auctioneer into my home and he went through the items and said yes to putting them in the auction. He came back a few days later tagged etc and said he would be back to explain the system and discuss the auction. I signed two sheets of paper saying that he could remove them from my house. I went up and down the list and realised that some items, say my mothers bits needed to come back to me. My son got in touch with the auctioneer Mr ***** ***** to tell him what I wished to be returned. Mr Smith said they were not going to auction til the 26th October so there was time to discuss this further. My son told him over the phone. The cheque arrived today stating that the auction had taken place .Mr Smith said he had to come back to my home to discuss and set reserve prices where necessary. This did not happen. No reserves were set by me or him alone. I handed my items to a company I thought was decent. My son phoned them today and they said they did not hear from the auctioneer regarding this matter.

So was anything in writing?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not from me all done by phone calls. does not look good does it . I feel it in my feet its not good.

Do you know the value of those items?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If I set this example in the reserve column a 2 rings 9 ct rings set with sapphires and stones £30 to 50. no guide price is quoted .My mother bought me a watch which she paid £150 ish which was sold for £85I do find it hard to price goods you like them or not. What I also find hard to understand is a price which would suit everyone. I do not need the money just in case one thinks that . around 40 items were sold sorry about the delay I lost connection half way through

So what is it you want then, if you dont want the money? The items will have been sold some time ago, very unlikely you would get those back?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am so disgusted about the process and I suppose THAT THE REASON IF I CAN NEVER REPLACE THEM EVEN USING THE MONEY RAISED BY THE AUCTION. WHY WOULD SOMEONE GO AGAINST YOUR INSTRUCTIONS.
I COULD NOT BUY BACK THE ITEMS EVEN REPLACING THEM WOULD BE OUT OF MY RANGE. FROM YOUR COMMENTS NO LETTERS EXCHANGED NO WIN ON MY PART WHATEVER WINNING WOULD MEAN AT THIS MOMENT. ANGER AND STUPIDITY RIDING HIGH.

I understand that. What is it you want to achieve?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I REALLY WOULD LIKE AN APOLOGY AND A CHEQUE FOR A CHARITY TO SAY SORRY. I HAVE LOST SIX EXTRA SPECIAL ITEMS WHICH WOULD TAKE LONGER TO COLLECT THAN YEARS IN MY LIFE.I LOST HEART WHEN YOU SAID ARE THERE ANY LETTERS - NO LETTERS NOTHING WILL HAPPEN BUT I LET OFF STEAM- THANKING YOU
ANN

And if you dont get that?