Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

The flat I was renting was sold and I was made to move out I

Customer Question

The flat I was renting was sold and I was made to move out I gave notice at a gym I was at to cancel but they are asking for a letter to state my
Property was sold my landlord wrote a letter which was hand written but they will not accept this and are reqauesting a letter from Citezens advice is this something you could provide
Chloe
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Hello Chloe my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi JamieI Was renting a property and was asked to moved out in April with this in mind I have notice to Reynolds gym but they have now requesting payment for £900 unless I can prove I was evicted I have a hand written letter which isn't good enough and need a letter from an advisor

Do you have a number we can chat on?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi JamieOne more thing I paid out 2 lots for this one of £18 and one of £44 do I receive one lot of this money back do you know ?

£18 is for the question. If you want to keep it online its £18. If you want a phone call, which was offered and you accept, this is an additional service.

Some people prefer a phone call. It does say in the offer - We can have a live discussion, at additional cost for up to 30 minutes, via phone to make it easier and faster to get all the information you need.

It is an additional cost.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That's fine I wasn't very satisfied with the information provided and was a very very short call

What else would you like to know? I can organise a further call?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That's fine i have just been told to ignore emails and calls stating I have to pay £900

Yes, dont answer the emails or calls. If they do not have a forwarding address from the one registered when you joined the gym then they can not track you.

Technically you would be liable if you signed a contract. However in this case they have no power to trace you. There is no public record they can search.

They are just fishing to see if you will pay up. But you should not - they will have no idea where you have moved to

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thank you

Great. All the best.