12826847

I wanted to apply for an internal job position of team

Customer Question

I wanted to apply for an internal job position of team leader. I found out that another team member had applied which was great as I believe its the best man for the job until I found his best mate and pervious team leader was to be on a panel of two doing the interview. These guys served with each other in the army and were best men at each other wedding ect and socialise all the time. All of us work together on a daily basis and the old team leader favours his mate with easy work tho this is hard to prove. I have raised the issue with the old team leader and my line manger about my fears that the interview wont be fair but got told I don't choose whos interviewing me and they cant see the problem. I know this is true but it would be better for all those involved to have an impartial panel as I fear the job has already gone but they are going through the motions. I have pulled out of the process.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Based on what you have described, what are you ideally hoping for so that I can advise?

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - what are you ideally hoping for so that I can advise?