12826847

Four years ago my husband and I bought into a company who

Customer Question

HI. Four years ago my husband and I bought into a company who was building apartments in Thailand. The contract stated that the apartments would be completed by 2009 and we would then be receiving an annual income of £7000 every three months which we could use half to pay of the £90.000 we borrowed against our house to invest.
The apartments have never been built. the excuse's started with the fact that a company in china wished to invest and so the development was put off untill the plans met with their approval.
It was agreed that our money would be refunded, but for the last eighteen months wvery time we contact the company the director is always very polite and assures us that he is doing everything in his power to return our money but he has to wait to get contracts signed by other companies who wish to be involved, and is constantly traveling around the world for meetings and new contracts being signed by these companies, which will then enable him to return our funds.
We have tried to tell him that our house is at stake as the loan was against the house and was onlly for four years but to him this makes no difference.
Do we have a case to sue him for mis-sale of the contract as we didnt sign up for all these different companies to be involved and by now we should be making money not worrying if we are going to lose our house.
Kind Regards
Carolyn *********
Expert:  Alex J. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Is this company based in the UK? Did you receive shares for your money or was the money a loan? Whose account did you pay the money to? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi the company is uk based at present but we have just had notification that the director is closing the uk office and moving to thailand.
the money paid was to actually purchase an apartment in a building in phuket which has never been built.
the money was pd a ***** ***** director of Apex
Carolyn *********
Expert:  Alex J. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, Thank you. So did you pay it to his personal account? Did you sign a contract? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi The money was paid into a company called apex, yes we did sign a contract to puchase an apartment in the area of Puket in thailand, we didnt agree to any thing else.
Kind Regards
Carolyn
Expert:  Alex J. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, Thank you. ***** a Uk company? Do have their address? Kind regards

AJ

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am disgusted, you charged me £47 to tell me nothing at all. none of the questions I asked have been answered the whole process has been a complete waste of time and money, in fact I would like my money refunded.
Carolyn Beveridge