31090051

Had a minor car accident, my fault and have discovered my

Had a minor car accident, my fault and have discovered my insurance is lapsed. Not sure what to do
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

First thing: get the car insured. Secondly: offer to pay for the other driver's claim yourself and don't put it through insurance. You have committed a criminal offence and that is the only way of keeping this under the radar. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks! Have since insured car. The other party have already contacted their insurer, but I haven't told them yet I was uninsured. I have other persons contact details, is it best to contact them direct?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I would try to deal with it on the basis that you will pay for the damage personally.