12826847

Can a member of the jury contact the judge or public

Can a member of the jury contact the judge or public prosecutors once the trial is over? Soecfucally about topics unrelated to the case?

Can you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was a member of the jury in an long lasting trial at the old Bailey that took place about 5 years ago. I am about to subcontracted to the MoJ and wished to discuss some of my general observations about how the system operated during the trial (but not case specific information) - mostly relating to budgetary and time constraint (assuming they are willing of course)

There is no reason you couldn't do that.

You cannot discuss the facts of the case or your deliberations of course.

I would be very surprised though if either the Judge or counsel are willing to engage though.

If all you are going to say though is that you think time and money could be managed better then there is no offence in that.