12826847

Can a member of the jury contact the judge or public

Can a member of the jury contact the judge or public prosecutors once the trial is over? Soecfucally about topics unrelated to the case?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Can you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was a member of the jury in an long lasting trial at the old Bailey that took place about 5 years ago. I am about to subcontracted to the MoJ and wished to discuss some of my general observations about how the system operated during the trial (but not case specific information) - mostly relating to budgetary and time constraint (assuming they are willing of course)
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

There is no reason you couldn't do that.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

You cannot discuss the facts of the case or your deliberations of course.

I would be very surprised though if either the Judge or counsel are willing to engage though.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If all you are going to say though is that you think time and money could be managed better then there is no offence in that.