Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I purchased a brand-new ebike from Ebay, for £785.00. The

Customer Question

I purchased a brand-new ebike from Ebay, for £785.00. The bike comes 90% assembled, all that needs done to complete assembly is to attach the handle bars, front wheel and check the gears and brakes are functoning. I paid for the bile via my Paypal account. During the period between ordering the bike and delivery, my brother unforetunately passed away, so I did not fully assemble the bike straight away. However, after a few weeks, I took the bike to a bike shop to complete the assembly. They discovered some defects and problems with the assembly, to the point the bike was declared unfit for use and dangerous. I informed Ebay but they told me there was a 30 day period for them to take action. Paypal have a window of 180 days. The started a claim on my behalf, and have now decided that I should be given a refund. The issue I have is they say I must return the bike 'at my cost' to the seller before a refund is granted. This will cost me around £150 which is non-recoverable. As the goods were faulty, should this not be down to the seller to cover the return costs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Did you buy from a dealer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My telephone number is *****
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.