Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My ex-employer (I left the company a year ago) has recently

My ex-employer (I left the company a year ago) has recently (September 2016) made a copy of my laptop and mobile that I utilised when I worked there. As a result, he claims that it automatically logged into Skype, and he has passed on messages I have sent using skype since leaving the company to my ex-husband to use against me in court custody proceedings. Is this legal? And if not, what charges can I bring?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

On what basis did he do this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My ex-employer is a person that I have requested in court that my ex-husband does not expose the children to as I have child protection concerns regarding him and social services are currently investigating.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

OK - then its illegal under the Misuse of Computers act 1990. You should report this to the Police.

They can investigate and prosecute if necessary.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

All the best.