29905560

Is there a time limit after I have been sold my mortgage

is there a time limit after I have been sold my mortgage that I can complain within?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. What is your complaint about and when was the mortgage sold to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi my mortgage was sold in 2004, and completed in 2005. The complaint is that the lender didn't release the payments as agreed (it was a stage release mortgage for a self build)

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. What you would be expected to do initially is pursue this as a formal complaint with the lender and use their official complaints procedure to full completion. If that does not resolve the matter then you are able to take this to the Financial Ombudsman which is a third party that can issue a binding decision. Generally, there are time limits that apply to your ability to take a matter to the Ombudsman and these time limits are:

· six months from the business sending the consumer a final response (which has to mention the six-month time limit); and

· six years from the event the consumer is complaining about (or - if later - three years from when the consumer knew, or could reasonably have known, they had cause to complain).

If you are outside of the time limits then you can still take this to the Ombudsman but only if the company agrees to it, which they do not have to.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.