Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have order Duravit Vero furniture Basin and a vanity unit

I have order Duravit Vero furniture Basin and a vanity unit from Nationwide Bathrooms, unfortunately I have received Basin but not vanity unit. I was told that the vanity unit is only available in November 2016. Hence I have cancel the order for the vanity unit and ask Nationwide Bathroom to collect the Basin which they have delivered. I also been told that they cannot refund the money for the vanity unit and I should sent the basin to them with my cost. I was not told the vanity unit will be deliver in November after they have deliver the basin. They never mentioned me that it is on back order.
I spoke to M/s Rachel the manager of Nationwide Bathroom, and she was very arrogant and said they can not refund the vanity money and I must sent the basin to them by my own cost. I am very much disappointed.
Please note I am retired person and cannot able to fight against Nationwide Bathroom.
I am also including the telephone number of Nationwide Bathroom -(###) ###-####and my order number isNWB2/42635
My telephone number is ***** 83912350.
I will be much appreciated if you advise me what I should do.
Kind Regards
S. Sarvananthan
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you order these at a distance, or in store?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
As you know I am a retired person living on my pension, I cannot afford any additional expense.
I hope you will under stand my position.Thanks
S. Sarvananthan

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have order them by Internet Website - Nationwide Bathrooms

When did you get the basin?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
29th September 2016

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

You have 14 days in which to cancel the order in full under the Distance Selling law.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Jamie,
Please see the e-mail I have sent to.
Regarding basin should I bear the cost for post or should Nationwide Bathroom should collect the item.
S.Sarvananthan
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Jamie,
I hope you have viewed my e-mail which I sent to you earlier.
Please advice what I should do for the basin.
Sorry for repeating this question.
S. Sarvananthan

They should bear the cost of transporting back
Does that clarify?